Wednesday 25 February 2009

Hey, sugar


I've blogged before about the hidden sugars that lurk in unsuspecting foods, but even I was shocked and caught unawares today.
While at the supermarket the other day, I grabbed a packet of the Food Doctor's new Spicy Stir Fry Seed Mix, mainly to throw on salads and give it a bit of a crunch and some added protein.
When I came to try it though, it tasted suspiciously sweet and when I checked the nutritional content, sure enough, it contained sugar. Why a brand that's tried to set itself up as a natural food source that's good for you feels the need to add sugar to something that blatantly doesn't need it I'll never know.
it got me to thinking of which other so called 'health' brands contain hidden nasties. I'll be on the lookout for any shocking hidden nasties that you wouldn't expect but if anyone else comes across any too, let me know.

No comments: